Monday 3 September 2012

(A Terribly Clever) Apple, Sage and Shallot Tray Bake

I love M&S food and as of today, I love their apple, sage and shallot tray bake. It costs £3.29 for a jar and all you need is some pork and veg.



The M&S 'Terribly Clever' range is extremely convenient for busybodies who want posh dinners but don't have the time to make them. They stock a range of pastes, marinades and mousses that require simple ingredients and instruction. So far I have tried the chocolate mousse and the apple, sage and shallot tray bake. Both were really easy to prepare, affordable and tasted very 'posh'.

For the tray bake, I simply added 6 pork medallions into a freezer bag and shook them up with the tray bake. Then I popped them in a dish and baked them in the oven for 30 minutes. Whilst they were baking, I prepared some mashed potato and vegetables to accompany the dish. In total the dish took no more than 30 minutes to prepare and tasted just like roast pork with apple sauce and stuffing (minus the gravy). Sunday roast without the fuss!


No comments:

Post a Comment