Wednesday 22 August 2012

Welcome

I’ve been attempting to write all sorts of travel blogs for a few years now and always end up giving up. I can’t remember much of the first – it was something along the lines of documenting my travels... which is hard when you find that you’re not travelling for periods of time. The second was an attempt to make some money through a budget travel advice blog. Its tone mirrored Aleksandr the (compare the market) meerkat and I lost motivation after 3 posts. Through both, I learnt that you need to blog for the love of it and that you need something to blog about.

I love cooking – a lot my creations were self taught and some taken from my family and friends. I like to experiment with cooking and more often than not, I’m successful... other times, not so much...

I’ve travelled quite extensively and have moved around far too much because my dad is in the army. Born in Germany, I moved to England at the age of 2, living in various locations in Wiltshire, Germany (again), Hampshire, Surrey and London.

Between the ages of 3-16, family holidays usually consisted of big road trips across America/ Canada and various trips in Europe. When I started my A Levels, I began to travel without my family. This is when I began to appreciate it a bit more (much to my regret for not making the most of the trips across America). I spent 2 summers with friends in Spain and then at the age of 20, I made my first independent journey and it changed my life.

I spent 6 weeks in living in a Buddhist monastery in Nepal, teaching monks English. It was such a unique and rewarding experience. I met a lot of friends for life and I even flew over Everest! I have since travelled throughout the UK, Europe and have backpacked through India.

I’m not exactly rolling in the money and can’t find the time to travel every other week, so a blog dedicated solely to travel wouldn’t make sense. However, a blog dedicated to food from where I have travelled does make sense.

I love to write, I love to cook and I love to eat – ergo, I will give you the world at your lips.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment